If you’re an experienced teacher with a degree, you can achieve qualified teacher status (QTS) without having to do any further training. Assessment Only allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all of the standards for QTS.
- Only available to those who have been teaching for a minimum of two years full time with full responsibility for planning, teaching and assessing.
- Requires prior experience of two schools
- Requires experience across a specified age phase: 3-7, 5-11, 11-16, 14-19
- You must be employed as an unqualified teacher in a UK school
- 12 week assessment period
- We do not currently accept applications from candidates who are working in schools outside of the UK.
- If you are employed as a Cover Supervisor, Teaching Assistant or HLTA you do not meet the criteria for this route to QTS as you must be employed as an unqualified teacher.